Protecting Customers’ Rights.
Chris has been an advocate for protecting homeowners’ property values in Chandler while being on the Council, when it came to above ground power line routes. Giving his district a voice to be heard in the process.
Chris is a fourth generation native in Arizona. His family has been on SRP’s governing board since its beginning. His family experience in serving the shareholders of SRP goes beyond 100 years, with that history of SRP being passed down. As the former Chairman of the SRP Council Chris Dobson created the Education Committee which instilled better knowledge of SRP’s elected official involvement with its assets and newer technological advances (geo thermal, battery storage, gas hedging, wind generation, hydro power, solar i.e.).
Chris Dobson has lived in Chandler for 47 years; with his wife Jennifer they have six children. Chris is involved in the agricultural industry he has two farms, a custom harvest company, and a pellet mill. He has a love for athletics, he played college basketball and track. He loves to hike with his family all over Arizona. He received his B.S. in Business Management at the University of Phoenix.
Current Offices held:
- Farm Service Agency State Member (2019- Present)
- SRP Council (2004-Present)
- SRP Vice-Chairman of the Council (2010-2014)
- SRP Chairman of the Council (2014-2015)
- Seton Catholic High School Track Coach 2 Years (Jumps Coach)
- Valley Christian High School Strength Coach 2 Years
- Boy Scouts of America Assistant Den Leader
- Coached Youth Basketball